RISKS OF USE
The user of any Textline assumes all risk for use. San Francisco Suicide Prevention does not assume responsibility for any actions taken due to use of any textline. Counselors answering queries on our textlines are not trained medical professionals, and not operating as such. Our Textlines are not considered a replacement or proxy for professional medical care.
Access to the service is limited by counselor availability. There is no maximum wait time until a user will receive a response from a counselor. In the case of a crisis or emergency, please call 911.
PROHIBITED USES OF SERVICE
Under specific circumstances, users will be restricted from access to any SFSP Textline. This occurs after initiation of pre-specified unapproved uses, including:
- Anything that may violate local, state, federal, or international laws
- Abuse or harassment of service providers
- Abuse or harassment of third parties
- Exploitation or abuse of minors, elders, or dependent adults
- Any interference with the successful operation of the program, including but not limited to excessive contact, spamming, or flooding the service
LIMITS OF USE
Every user of any Textline is permitted up to one conversation per day, the length of the conversation to be determined by counselors. When a counselor chooses to end the conversation, no contact will be responded to until the following calendar day in Pacific Standard Time.