Every year, San Francisco Suicide Prevention answers thousands of calls from people in crisis. With support from you, San Francisco Suicide Prevention can continue to provide these crucial services and save lives in our community.
See how your donations can save lives.
Your donations help maintain the programs we offer, ensuring they remain free for everyone.
Allows staff from our Youth Risk Reduction program to go directly into the community to provide training and resource services for an entire month.
Ensures up-to-date tech support, accessible 24/7 phone lines, and comprehensive training for the volunteers who answer calls.
Hosts an entire Grief Survivor Support Group session for individuals who have lost loved ones to suicide and ensures that our groups are free of charge.
Provides translator services for over 140 languages during our counseling sessions. Every $100 secures translation services for an entire month.
Assists in covering basic costs such as rent, electricity, and volunteer supervision. When supporting people in crisis, every second counts.
Who Can Give
- Individuals & Families: Contributions at all sizes help us operating. San Francisco Suicide Prevention is a 501c3 tax exempt, nonprofit organization. The Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 94-1156530
- Corporate and Family Foundations: These donations, within in the $500 to $50,000 range, are crucial to maintaining our programs. Without these gifts, we could not continue to fund our Crisis Line, HIV Nightline, or work in local schools and youth services agencies. For more information about partnering with San Francisco Suicide Prevention, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planned Giving: Create a legacy to support your community. Commit to a Planned Giving program through bequests, life insurance policies, wills, retirement charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Memorial Donations: Honor the life of a loved one by designating Felton Institute: SFSP to receive memorial donations. We would be happy to acknowledge the gift to others at your request.
Other Ways to Support
- Donate a Check by Mail:
1005 Atlantic Avenue,
Alameda, CA 94501
Attn: Development Department
Make all checks payable to Felton Institute.
On the memo line of your check please state SFSP as your designation.
- Host Your Own Event: Community events help break down some of the stigma surrounding suicide and mental health. Although we produce three big fundraising events every year, we also depend on small events facilitated by community members to keep us running. If you would like to develop an event for the agency, please contact our Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Thrift: Collect unwanted items in your home or office and take them to Community Thrift Store at 623 Valencia St., San Francisco, CA 94110. Be sure to designate Felton Institute: SFSP as your charity and the agency will receive the proceeds from the sale.
- Donate Used Cars and Boats: Call Donate for Charity at (866) 392-4483 and designate Felton Institute – San Francisco Suicide Prevention as the beneficiary.
- Donate Items:
- Food & Drinks for our Hotline Volunteers
- Office Supplies, copy paper is especially needed
- Amazon Wish List for our volunteer library collection
- Silent Auction Gifts