Welcome to the SF Suicide Prevention Newsroom.
We are happy to provide information on suicide prevention. We believe the more we understand about suicide now, the more we can prevent suicides in the future. Our staff is available for interviews or background information, and we return media calls quickly. If you need any information, please contact Eve Meyer, Executive Director at 415/984-1900 x101, [email protected].
- BIOGRAPHY of the Executive Director
- PHOTO of the Executive Director
- Our San Francisco Suicide Prevention LOGO
- HISTORY of San Francisco Suicide Prevention
Jane Tsang, Eve Meyer, and Saul Feldman of the National Action Alliance “Working together, the Action Alliance and local programs such as San Francisco Suicide Prevention can make a difference.”
San Francisco Suicide Prevention Quick Fact Sheet
- Who We Are:
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention is the oldest community-based crisis line service in the United States. In an average year, we answer 70,000 calls, making us one of the busiest in the country as well. Over 500 other agencies nationally now use our cost-effective model of operation.
- What We Do:
- A 12-member staff trains more than 150 community volunteers in telephone crisis intervention, outreach, and development. This is also the home of the AIDS/HIV Nightline, and the Youth Risk Reduction programs.
- Tax ID Number:94-1581618