Community Outreach volunteers are very important to us because they provide support in a wide variety of ways! Opportunities to participate are frequently available and include tasks within the Outreach, Marketing, Development, and Fundraising Departments. Here are examples of some of the potential volunteer activities:
- Providing resources and information to neighborhood organizations, clinics, programs, and community centers
- Attending benefits, galas, and other fundraising events as a representative of our agency
- Being part of the speakers’ bureau
- Helping with campaign tables for large events in the community, such as SF Pride, SF AIDS Walk, Folsom Street Fair, and others
- Cleaning volunteer areas
- Updating referral databases and inputting data
Some tasks will require training, while others just require a new volunteer interview. Additionally, the agency is open to your ideas! If you have a special skill the agency might find valuable, please let us know!
If you are interested in helping out as an Community Outreach volunteer, please email the Youth and Outreach Coordinator, Sivan Adato at [email protected].