Things to watch for when assessing potential risk…
- PLAN – Do they have one?
- LETHALITY – Is it lethal? Can they die?
- AVAILABILITY – Do they have the means to carry it out?
- ILLNESS – Do they have a mental or physical illness?
- DEPRESSION – Chronic or specific incident(s)?
- PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS – How many? How recent?
- ALONE – Are they alone? Do they have a support system? Partner? Are they alone right now?
- LOSS – Have they suffered a loss? Death, job, relationship, self esteem?
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE (or use) – Drugs, alcohol, medicine? Current, chronic?
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-19227048-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);