San Francisco Suicide Prevention has opportunities for full-time, part-time and relief positions, as well as internships.
It is our belief that staff diversity promotes appropriate responsiveness to community needs, provides representative role models for all clientele, and improves the quality of our services in a host of ways.
Employment decisions and services provided to clients are not based on race, color, citizenship status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. San Francisco Suicide Prevention fully supports the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state disability law.
Current Job Openings:
POSITION: PHONE RESPONSE STAFF – ACCESS COVERAGE LINE STAFF
HOURS: 8 – 40 Hours per Week (Different shifts available) Evening/overnight only (4pm-midnight OR midnight-8am shifts).
BENEFITS: Prorated – Health and Dental Insurance, Vacation and 403b if over .5 FTE
SUMMARY: The ACCESS Coverage Line answers calls for the City and County Behavioral Health ACCESS Line during off hours, including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Answers ACCESS Coverage line for SFSP
- Attends ACCESS Coverage training and completes curriculum satisfactorily
- Reports for coverage shifts on schedule
- Trains other new staff online, as needed
- Records all ACCESS calls completely in client database
- Complies with all ACCESS coverage requirements as specified in contract documents
- Produces report information at the end of shift for ACCESS funding source.
- Attends meetings with ACCESS Coverage Coordinator, other agency staff and City and County staff as required and requested.
- Basic skills and experience in call center operation or customer service
- Excellent telephone communications skills and attention to detail
- Able to work evening, overnight and/or weekend hours
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services or related field
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Skills and experience in community service
- Ability to support a broad variety of people, including communities of color, gay and lesbian communities, and people with mental illnesses, addictions or co-existing disorders or their families and/or concerned friends
START DATE : August, 2015
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 5:00 PM, July 22, 2015
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
- Reports directly to the Client Services Director
- Supervises the ACCESS Coverage Line staff